Sunday, March 31, 2013

Oh, Happy Day!


 

The greatest day in history, death is beaten
You have rescued me
Sing it out, Jesus is alive


The empty cross, the empty grave
Life eternal, You have won the day
Shout it all, Jesus is alive
He's alive


Oh happy day, happy day
You washed my sin away
Oh happy day, happy day
I'll never be the same
Forever I am changed

When I stand, in that place
Free at last, meeting face to face
I am Yours, Jesus You are mine


Endless joy and perfect peace
Earthly pain finally will cease
Celebrate Jesus is alive
He's alive


Oh what a glorious day
What a glorious way
That You have saved me
Oh what a glorious day
What a glorious name
Jesus!

 

On Friday my dad wanted all of the big kids to watch The Passion of the Christ movie.  Most of us had never seen it before, including myself.  I felt ready, but a little nervous (I don’t handle bloody stuff very well:)). 

I got through it and I was shaken.  I think I cried a steady stream of tears the entire movie.  There is just something about acually seeing an almost perfect reenactment (even down to the original language!) that makes it so much more real.  I know they are only actors, but they did a really good job!  What hit me really hard was Mary, Jesus’ mother.  While watching, I just couldn’t fathom how any mom could do that.  She followed Him all the way to Calvary and saw all of His suffering.  She is so strong.  Blows my mind.

I didn’t even know what to pray that night.  My words seemed so pointless and small.  So, I ended up just writing out the lyrics to Jesus Paid It All and thanking my Savior.  I let those lyrics seep into my soul. 

Then at church on Sunday our pastor preached on the blood covenant that God made with us through Jesus.  There is just so much significance to everything!  I learned that the meaning of ‘friend’ in the Bible is, “someone that will always do what’s best for the other, even to their harm”.  Whoa.  We have watered that word down a lot!  That definition makes God calling us His friend even more astounding.  He’s not just our buddy.  He’s our friend.

I am really thankful right now.  Please join me in praising the Alpha and Omega today!

No comments:

Post a Comment