Friday, July 12, 2013

Guatemala Day Three

Our group didn’t leave VOH a lot on day three.  We had a lot of projects to continue working on, and the daughters were hosting a mother’s luncheon for lunch. 

Rosa and her little brothers came and the little boys got to do some finger painting, which they LOVED!  Here is a video of their sweet faces clearly loving this activity!

After they painted we needed someone to play with them while Rosa finished up getting her groceries, so I took them over to the playscape.  They had a blast pretending to break into the “big bad white girl’s” house and I would tell them, “No little boys in my house!” and throw them down the slide:).  They thought that was just the best:).  I wish I could have gotten a picture with them, but this is Rosa and I:

Rosa

When it came time for them to go, us daughters went to the kitchen to help prepare the mother’s luncheon.  Since I didn’t have my mom with me, there was another lady who didn’t have a daughter, so I made her a card and served her.  I loved watching all the other daughters serve their moms, too, you could tell they really appreciated it. 

After lunch we worked on more projects around VOH and then Addie came and invited me to go visit their friend from the market’s son in the hospital.  The day before, his appendix had ruptured but they were able to remove it.  He was so close to dying.  Our team had prayed and worshipped for him for a long time the day before, so I jumped at the opportunity to meet him.

He was really out of it when we got there, and clearly in a lot of pain.  His dad works at the market in Antigua and is good friends with the Blocks.  It was so special to be able to pray over this sweet little boy and lift us his family who was so weary to God.  His dad’s faith blew me away.  He is a Guatemalan and represents Jesus’ name like no one I’ve ever seen!  He doesn’t let anyone leave his little booth in the market without them hearing the Gospel.  His joy is radiant and contagious.  It was an honor and blessing to be able to meet him. 

We got back to VOH and had dinner, did devos, then got to play a game called Silent Football.  It was so fun!!!  We played late into the night and then crashed hard.

To be continued……….

No comments:

Post a Comment